Monday, April 26, 2010

God is Merciful

From Denton...

Today I was reading my weekly e-mail from James McDonald, which is a small devotional sent out once a week. Today's was over the Lord's mercy and his Holiness- truly understanding how Holy Christ is, as we continue to grow in an intimate relationship with Him . Something that James McDonald said was a great illustration of a growing relationship, growing in understanding and in knowledge and I wanted to share!
"The bigger the trials get, the more I know I need God.
The more I need God, the closer I am drawn to Him.
The closer I get to Him, the more I sense His holiness.
The more I sense His holiness, the More I realize my own sinfulness."

That illustration is something that I have truly been experiencing this semester as the Lord has been challenging me through different trials and situations. I am so grateful for His mercy as He breaks me down and shows me how much i truly need Him and the grace only He can give. God has shown himself to be bigger than anything here on this earth and I can't wait to continue getting to know my Savior more and more each day. The Lord is so good!


"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead." -Philippians 3:10-11



No comments:

Post a Comment