Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hiking, volleyball, and other activities

From College Station...

This has been a bit of a rough week so far. The Lord is really showing me alot about what to do concerning my future and I forget how hard it is to be obedient at times.

But on a more positive note, Kristen E. will be visiting next weekend! On Friday we are going to Bastrop State Park to do a little hiking and have a picnic. Our Saturday activities will be cut a little short since she must leave in the evening to get back to Denton. As she has previously mentioned, she teaches Sunday school there, so she needs to be back Saturday night. Nevertheless, it has been far too long since we have seen each other, and we are WAY overdue for some quality Kristen time.

Another thing I have had the opportunity to do over the past few weeks is play intramural volleyball! I always forget how much I miss playing until I get the chance to. And what makes it even more fun is that it's competitive (kind of) and so I get to play with actual rules. I've never really been a "let's just play for fun" kind of girl...I always get too competitive, no matter what it is, so I guess having enforced rules makes it better for me. Whenever I do agree to do anything "just for fun", I end up getting frustrated because I am following all the rules but some people don't...just sayin'.

Well I wish I had something super exciting to say...but alas...I don't. I'm sure after next weekend either Kristen or I will have something interesting to share, and maybe some pictures!
Have a great week and stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment