Monday, June 27, 2011

Fun in the sun

From College Station (or Destin, Florida rather!)

You read correctly! I am on vacation with my family in Florida! It is absolutely magnificent. The water is crystal clear and the sand looks like sugar. I'm ready to embrace the inevitable sunburn that I will acquire during the week, and eat all the seafood I can get my hands on. The waves are much bigger than I've seen at Texas beaches. In fact, I got completely knocked over by a couple of them today! Quite embarrassing to say the least. I'm sure some other beach-goers had themselves a good laugh at my expense. (Can't say I wouldn't have done the same.) I digress. It reminded me of Psalms 93 where it says:

"The seas have lifted up, LORD, the seas have lifted up their voice; the seas have lifted up their pounding waves. Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea— the LORD on high is mighty."

How encouraging it was to remember that no matter how overwhelmed I may feel, God is always bigger. There is nothing I'm going through that he doesn't already know about. I saw a great picture of that today while I was getting my tan on. A little girl was standing on the shore looking out at the ocean with a boogie board in her hand. She looked very hesitant to go out into the water because the waves were so big. Then her dad picked her up and carried her out into the water. He lifted her over his head so that the waves couldn't touch her. They spent the next 30 minutes playing in the water and she wasn't scared at all because she knew her dad was there to protect her. Had she tried to take on the waves by herself, she would have been knocked over and completely overwhelmed. But when she relied on the protection of her father, she was taken care of. I often forget that my heavenly father is ready to carry me over the "waves" (if you will) and help me with my problems. But too many times I choose to take on these said "waves" by myself and get knocked down. What a perfect reminder I had today watching that little girl and her dad.

I hope you have a wonderful week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment