Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wedding Day

From Denton...

Last week, I was hanging out with my dear friend Blake and we were discussing the word. The Lord had placed 2 Corinthians 3: 16-18 on my heart:
"But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit."
So, I was talking it out to him and was trying to make sure I understood the context and what exactly it was referring to (Moses and the old covenant). Then, Blake also reminded me of the visual of a wedding day and compared it to the verse. "Ohhhhhhh" Well that makes perfect sense! Ever since that talk and he reminded me of that visual, I have not been able to get it out of my mind.


Being a girl, my wedding day is something I have thought about and dreamt about since I was a little. I know many couples who are getting married this summer, so weddings seem to be all over the place...I don't think I could avoid them if I tried (which I wouldn't want to...i just love weddings!)...'tis the season!! I will catch myself thinking about where I would get married, who I would want to be in my wedding, what my dress would look like, what my ceremony would include. I have dreamed up the greatest little wedding...everything is perfect in my mind...the only thing missing is the groom ha!

I love picturing walking down the aisle in my white dress with a veil covering my face...looking the most beautiful I have ever looked and probably ever will. I am facing my groom with a huge smile-getting giddy with butterflies, about to explode with excitement...not being able to contain all of the emotions rushing through me. As I am picturing this very precious moment that may happen one day, the Lord reminds me of that verse. If these are the emotions I am feeling just thinking about the moment, I can only imagine what it would actually be like. Now, I am sure my wedding day will be one of the most glorious days in my entire life here on earth...if so, I can't begin to fathom what it will be like to meet my bridegroom-Jesus-in eternity! I am now picturing myself walking towards him in a white gown with a veil over my face...probably weak in the knees and crying totally beside myself-for I am walking towards my creator! I am reminded of "But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed...And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image..." When approaching the my Heavenly bridegroom, the veil is removed and HIS glory will be radiating-beaming through me...what a sweet and precious moment.What a day to live and prepare for! The Lord totally humbles me as he reminds me of that special day of unity!

It is so very easy to day dream about my wedding here on earth, to day dream about who I would marry and all of that good stuff. Although the Lord places those desires in my heart, it's easy to get carried away with them. Through this visual and verse, the Lord is very much reminding me that no day here on earth or no person here on earth will ever match or compare to that day when I meet my Heavenly bridegroom...and having a relationship with Him-falling in love with Him surpasses any love I could ever dream up. I am so thankful for the sweet love of Jesus- "Oh how HE loves us, so!" My searching stops and finds rest in the Lord-my heart leaps for joy for HIS name :)


No comments:

Post a Comment