Monday, May 16, 2011

How full are you?

from Denton...

Today I have been reading in John and the Lord's word is just too good not to share! In John 6, Jesus is speaking to a crowd at the Sea of Capernaum...the crowd had been looking for Jesus and when they found Him Jesus said, "Truly, truly, I say to you, you are seeking me, not because you saw signs, but because you ate your fill of the loaves. Do not labor for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal." The crowd of people were then asking Jesus questions about what they needed to do in order to do "good works" for the Lord...in which Jesus told them that they just needed to believe in the Holy one who was sent (Jesus) (vs. 29). Jesus continued in telling them about the "eternal" bread send from the Father which lasts forever and then they finally said "Sir, give us this bread always."

The crowd was seeking something that was lasting and would fulfill them, always. I am just picturing the crowd hanging on His every word, moving closer to Him as they are soaking in everything that He is telling them. I love that right after they said that to Jesus, He told them this; "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." I am now hanging on His every word...Jesus is simply and straight up saying that everything we need to survive is in the Lord, Jesus Christ...the Holy One who was sent from the Father. I immediately think of this scripture in Matthew, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am the gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt. 11: 28-30. Throughout scripture, the Lord is constant in reminding us that, through Jesus, we will never thirst or have hunger pains again. As we continue to fill ourselves up with food from the world, we are left empty yet He is still faithful to us patient with us. Praising Jesus for his reminders daily and in His word to us, that as we live for His eternal glory He will provide every source we need to further His Kingdom! This brings me so much joy in my heart-truly confirming that as I seek Him with all of my heart, my soul, and my strength I will be FULL-completely satisfied...eternally stuffed...and so will you! :)

"If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, "Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." John 7:37b-38

God is just SO good!!! Have the most wonderful week-full of Jesus (no pun intended ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment