Wednesday, May 11, 2011

God speaks...even at Mardel!

from Denton...


Yesterday, I had about an hour of time to kill before meeting a friend for dinner so I decided to go look around at Mardel Christian Bookstore. I have been there several times before but usually had something specific I needed and was in and out. This time, I had a WHOLE hour to browse around and take my time looking at all Mardel had to offer (which is A LOT, by the way). As I walked through the double doors it was as if there were Angels lined up on each side of me sounding off their trumpets...it was glorious! There were tons of nick-knacks, cards, journals, signs, books, bibles, and so much more...where do I even begin?!

After about 10 minutes of looking through some cards, I made my way over to the book/bible section! I got so excited to look around at books and maybe, just possibly, i'll find a new read! I approached the "Best sellers" shelf which was smack dab in the middle. The first book I noticed was "So long insecurities" by Beth Moore. I felt my arm reach out and grab the big hard back book with Beth Moore's beautiful face on the cover! I opened up the cover and started reading the first chapter, I was hooked. I thought to myself, "Lord knows I have insecurities...I bet this book will help me, Beth Moore...she's the woman and well I need this book." *sigh* I also saw the sale sticker right in front of my eyes, so I thought this must be a sign. I placed the book back down because the "For Women" section caught my eye...I scurried over. I immediately was drawn to a pink book that had a devotional attached which was all about giving our whole hearts to the Lord..."Well, I'm learning daily to give my whole heart to the Lord...this must be a great devotional to get...I need this one." I looked up to see another book with a girl dancing on the cover "OH, I love to dance!" so I grabbed that one. I looked to my right and saw the "single" section. "Well, I'm single!! Maybe there is a great book on waiting!" Finally, after a minute of wanting to just plop down in the middle of the aisle out of feelings of being completely overwhelmed I placed all of the books back in their place.

In the midst of being overwhelmed I started to feel a sense of comfort and what felt like an embrace. I started to feel the Holy Spirit surround me, like it was my dad about to sit me down to have a heart-to-heart...you know the kind. In the Lord's quiet and gentle whisper I heard the Lord say: "My Kristen, these books are wonderful. Infact, most all of the books that you picked up were books probably written through my Spirit, as I gave them words to speak and write down. BUT I have something greater for you than these books. They would be great books to read and be encouraged by but right now I have something greater for you. My Child, I have given you my Word, my love letter from me to you. All that you are searching for in those books...all that you may need "help" with...you will find in my Word, and oh so much more! Take just your bible (no other book, no devotional, and no commentary) and go to a quiet place. I will speak to you through my Word, I will meet you there and I will equip you with all you need. I love you and I have plans for you. I desire your whole heart-Seek Me and I will be with you...I will speak to you and provide all you need. I will totally fill your heart."
Wow, I can't argue with that.

Now, I am overwhelmed with so many different emotions. This might be kind of a weird analogy but I am going to take it there. I remember the first time I was kissed on the forehead. Something about being kissed on the forehead, a sensitivity and assurance...feeling deeply cared for and protected, especially from my dad! I was just kissed on the forehead by my heavenly Father. He spoke to me. He cares for me and He definitely has my best interest at heart. I just couldn't help but smile and do a little dance in the middle of mardel.

I walked out of Mardel with a joyful heart, a gentle glow, and a gift for a friend. By far, the BEST visit to Mardel...ever. Thank you Jesus :)

"Blessed are those who keep his testimonies, who seek him with their whole heart...with my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart..." Pslam 119:2; 10-11a

No comments:

Post a Comment