Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jesus, You're the man!

from Denton...


I havenbeen SO encouraged by all the Lord has done for me and overwhelmed by His provision. So, I decided to jot down a list of a few of the things I am quite thankful for!

1. I am thankful for good food. Not only has the Lord provided clean water and food but He has allowed me to taste yummy and delicious food...food that taste great, is good for my body, and having choices and options each day.

2. I am thankful for knees. I am thankful to have knees that I can pray on, the place I feel the closest to the Lord is on my knees, face down in front of Him. I am thankful for knees to walk with and to bend down and pray on.

3. I am thankful for friends. I am so beyond blessed to be surrounded with many friends and brothers and sister who love the Lord and love others....constantly encouraging and challenging me in my walk with the Lord.

4. I am thankful for mentors. Oh, how blessed I am to have older women who take the time to love and pour into me, help guide me and speak truth in my life. I am thankful for the example they set and for opening up their homes, lives, and hearts to me and so many others.

5. I am thankful for parks. I love the parks here in Denton. I love how beautiful they look in the sunshine and when they are filled up with sweet kids and families. I love the trees, park benches, and offering me a place to have my quiet times.

6. I am grateful for "Just Dance 2" on the wii. I just love to bust out in super cool dance moves and the ability to learn cooler NEW moves through this AWESOME game (which i highly recommend). Yes, I look quite silly the majority of the time but it's okay :) (another reason I am thankful for knees and their versatility).

7. I am thankful for God's word. I am so humbled that the Lord exposes His whole heart to all His people through His word, never forsaking us and always guiding us.

8. I am thankful for smells. Now, not all smells are pleasant however the ability to smell fascinates me...especially walking outside and smelling something new every few seconds. I also feel grateful to own things that smell GREAT.

9. I am thankful for local coffee shops and frozen yogurt. If I haven't mentioned it already, Denton is the coolest city ever and part of that coolness are the many coffee shops. There are three that I especially love to go to meet people/study/have quiet times, ect. Denton also has many frozen yogurt shops and they are just excellent...all the time. ( I have had frozen yogurt three times this week...should I be concerned!?)

10. I am thankful for sleep. My goodness, sleeping and time of rest is just SO great. There is nothing better than having a long day then putting on sweats and falling asleep...especially when one gets to sleep in the next morning. I just LOVE sleep.

Those are just a few of the MANY many things I am thankful for/the Lord's blessings! What are some things you are thankful for?! I hope you all have the most wonderful weekend! :) May the Lord bless your socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment