Thursday, December 3, 2009

Scariest day of my life

From College Station...

I can't wait for tomorrow because I'm hoping to wake up and see white on the ground. I guess we'll see in the morning, won't we?

With that bit of excitement out of the way, I shall continue...

Today I experienced something very scary. It doesn't take much to scare me; however, I don't think I have ever been literally scared for my life like I was this afternoon. My house is on a culdesac, and the bus stop is right around the corner on the main street. I had gotten off the bus after finishing up class for the day, and as I was rounding the corner, there it was. A huge doberman that looked angry/hungry/rude. I tried to stay calm, because I have always been told that they can smell your fear. I guess he smelled it from across the street because he ran at me full speed barking angrily like he wanted to tear me to pieces. There was a pickup truck in front of me so I quickly contemplated jumping in the back of the truck. No I didn't care whose truck it was, I was more concerned with being eaten by the monster that was charging at me. I tried to remain as calm as possible in a situation like that, but naturally I started to panic and tear up. Just then I hear a whistle. I don't think I've ever been so relieved in my life. The monster's brave owner had been sitting on his front porch watching me fear for my life the whole time! I didn't even care. I was too happy that this angry animal was now heading back to where he belonged...preferably a big cage. I quickly walked down to the end of the culdesac and into the safety of my house, away from dangerous animals who want to eat me, only to study for one of my final exams... Come to think of it, I don't know which was worse.

So there you have it. My eventful day. And I ended up making a 95 on my final, praise the Lord!

Thanks for reading!
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment