Sunday, October 3, 2010

A wonderful weekend in Round Rock!

From Denton...

This weekend I finally got the opportunity to come home to Round Rock, after two longs months. My brother was able to come home for the weekend as well so my parents were very excited to have the whole family together for a few days and I was too. Life in Denton these past two months have been quite busy, a bit challenging, but full of growth and God's anointed blessings. He is so good ALL the time.
He a
I made it into Round Rock around 10:30pm thursday night...just in time to watch grey's anatomy, that my parents so graciously recorded for me, and get to bed at a decent hour! I woke up friday morning and my mom and I spend the early afternoon shopping then lunch. We had a special time at lunch, i'm so thankful the Lord is at the center of our relationship and allowing us that have the mother-daughter bond we were created to have. He answered so many of my prayers during our lunch together and I give Him all praise and glory!! After that, I had a hair appointment then had a wonderful dinner with my family and spend the rest of the night catching up and visiting.
Saturday, I was able to go to my neighbor's son flag football game, which was such a blast! They all played so well and I loved seeing their faces light up when they got a touch down, ran a good play, or pulled a flag. Later on, we had many friends come over to hang out and watch the UT-OU game...UT did not win but we still had a great time. Finally, saturday night Kristen K, my good friend Blake, his girlfriend Jaclyn and I went to see Cinderella the musical at a local theater to see some of our good friends perform. They all did an incredible job and it was a great time!
Today, I sat in Kristen K's sunday school class with the middle school girls...I loved seeing Kristen teach those precious girls. It's been so humbling seeing how God is using Kristen to further is Kingdom by loving on those girls and teaching them about the Gospel. She truly is a beautiful woman of God and I know the Lord has so much in store for her life as she lives each day to serve Him. I loved getting to worship with my Central family today!

This weekend has been so full of rest, love, and joy. The Lord answered so many of my prayers not only through relationships but also I found out that some of my dear friends, whom I have been praying for-for years, accepted Christ. How great is our God?! The Lord continues to blow me away each day as he reveals Himself in new powerful and mighty ways. God is good ALL the time...even when we may feel worn out and our cup is empty... He is there and His love is very real. I'm so thankful! I hope everyone has had a blessed weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment