Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Rambles and updates

From College Station

Updates:
It has been an incredibly busy month! Three Disciple Now's can really wear you out. All 3 were different yet awesome in their own ways. As tiring as it was, I can't think of a better way to spend 3 weekends of the month than watching teenagers serve and worship the Lord.

I have been back in College Station for about a month now, and I'm starting to get the hang of the whole grown-up thing. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by my first bill in the mailbox to which I quickly and proudly wrote a check and mailed it. Oddly enough, it was almost fun. I'm sure that giddiness of paying bills will wear off in time. To add to my adult-ness (if that's a word), I went to the bank yesterday and they told me I was approved for a credit card that is offered to recent college graduates. I had been talking to my parents over the break about getting one and using it for small things like gas and groceries, so I decided it was time. It is also very strange to have nothing but work now. No class, no tests to study for, no homework. While that is very nice, I am having a hard time finding productive ways to spend my free time. However, I am moving along quite nicely on my bucket list!

-My friend Katy and I have started going to exercise classes at the Rec every day.
-I have begun my quest of reading through the entire Bible (in chronological order)
-As I stated before, I have been paying rent, bills, etc. myself and have not gone broke.

On a random note, a few weeks ago Justin surprised me with tickets to see Needtobreathe and Ben Rector next weekend. I am so stinkin' pumped. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Have a great week!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment